Posts Tagged ‘tips’
Hook Shots host Joe Cermele joins Elite Series Bass Pro Bill Lowen on Lake Erie near Buffalo, New York, to learn a few tricks for turning smallmouth bass on …
Video Rating: 5 / 5
Scott Martin Challenge “Season 2″ Martin vs. Rook (part1) A large mouth bass battle in Arkansas against BASS Pro Scott Rook and FLW Pro Scott Martin. Martin Challenges Rook in his back yard to a good old fishing tournament. Bass fishing tips and Techniques , Full of instructional bass fishing tips!
Video Rating: 5 / 5
Cranking tips from Bassmaster Classic Champ, BASS Elite Series pro and Pinnacle Pro Staffer, Paul Elias. Paul tells us what it takes to work crankbaits effectively, and how to avoid snags when working crankbaits over structure.
Video Rating: 4 / 5
Four Email Marketing Tips to Make Your Holiday Sales Merrier
Article by Chad White
You can learn a lot from watching your peers, especially during the critical holiday season period. During the fourth quarter of last year, I tracked more than 3,300 promotional emails from the top online retailers through the Retail Email Blog. Based on that monitoring, the Email Experience Council has produced the “Retail Email Guide to the Holiday Season” to serve as a helpful roadmap to the email holiday season. Here are four tips from that Guide that will set you on the right track:
1. Don’t wait until Black Friday to start your holiday email campaigns. If you’re waiting that long, then you’ve abdicating at least half of the holiday email season to your competitors. Last year, retailers began their holiday campaigns 58 days before Christmas on average–on Oct. 28. I repeat, “on average.” Because of the economic troubles, this year retailers are starting their holiday campaigns even earlier. As of Oct. 8, I’d already seen at least one email referencing the holidays from 30% of the retailers that I track. So while offline Black Friday is often touted as the beginning of the holiday season, online that’s definitely not the case by a long shot.
2. Be careful of dramatic frequency increases. With consumers in a buying mood and actively looking for ideas, major online retailers ratchet up their send volume significantly during the holiday season. In fact, during the 2007 holiday season, retailers increased their send volumes by 45%, which was 3 percentage points higher than the increase during the 2006 holiday season. However, the peak in weekly email volume was even more pronounced, rising 73% above the pre-holiday norm, compared to a peak increase of only 66% during the 2006 holiday season. (We defined the holiday email season as the six-week period running from Nov. 10 to Dec. 21, and compared that to the 12-week period that preceded it, Aug. 18 to Nov. 9.) Overall, 88% of retailers increased their email frequency during the holidays.
The question to be asked at the end of this is: Was it worth it? Did the increase in sales from higher frequencies outweigh all the potential downsides, such as…
● the cost of replacing subscribers lost to higher list churn;
● the opportunity cost of lost sales due to lower deliverability caused by increased spam complaints; and
● the opportunity cost of lost sales due to higher “ignore rates” as subscribers tune you out because you were oversending.
In other words, did we squander significant lifetime value in exchange for a smaller short-term boost in sales? Pay particular attention to how your best customers react to higher send volumes, and dial it back if too many of them start to bail.
One way to limit the downside of higher email frequencies during the holiday season is to offer subscribers the opportunity to opt into additional email streams, such as a holiday deal-a-day program or a “12 Days of Christmas” campaign. You’ll have a smaller percentage of your base opt in, but those subscribers should be much more likely to convert and you will have avoided stressing the rest of your list with as many extra emails.
3. Craft better subject lines. Because consumers are receiving so much more email in their inboxes, subject lines become even more important during the holiday season as. According to Return Path’s Fourth Annual Holiday Survey, 45.2% of consumers open an email because of the subject line.
Consider these tactics during the holidays:
● Write your subject line at the same time that you are developing your content–not right before you’re hitting the “send” button.
● Be sure to regularly–if not always–A/B test your subject lines.
● Repeat or tweak successful subject lines from your campaigns last year.
● Pay attention to the searches run on your website and the organic searches that bring you traffic from major search engines. Consider using words from the most popular searches in your subject lines.
● Increase recognition in the inbox by using your brand name in the subject line.
● Consider using longer subject lines to better convey what your emails are about. Alchemy Worx’ “Subject Lines: Length Is Everything” report found that subject lines of 70+ characters generate higher click-to-open rates and clickthrough rates than shorter subject lines (which produce higher open rates but fewer clicks).
● Mine the subject lines of your closest competitors for ideas for words and phrasings. The Subjectivity Scanner at the end of the Retail Email Blog’s AM Inbox posts is a source of noteworthy subject lines to dissect.
● Tout free shipping more often in subject lines. Web shoppers love free shipping and retailers know it. According to research done by the Email Experience Council last year, retailers include the words “free shipping” (or the equivalent) in their email subject lines about 42% more often during the holiday season.
4. In the days after Christmas, go after your gift card dollars. Gift card sales have become huge–with consumers buying an estimated .3 billion worth last holiday season alone, according to the National Retail Federation. Retailers do a great job of promoting gift cards in their emails, including e-gift cards in the days right before Christmas. However, they’ve not generally done a great job of going after those gift card dollars post-Christmas.
You have to go after redemptions because gift card dollars aren’t counted as sales until they’re redeemed–until then you’re just swapping currency. You want the sale, so go after your subscribers for gift card redemptions. Why target subscribers? Because they’re your biggest fans and are therefore the most likely to have asked their friends and family for a gift card from you.
Last year, 23% of major online retailers sent at least one email encouraging subscribers to redeem their gift cards, with 48% of those sending more than one email that included that messaging. That’s up significantly from the 2006 holiday season. There’s even an emerging trend of creating incentives to accelerate redemptions further. For example, Bass Pro Shops, Foot Locker and Sports Authority each included incentives such as shipping discounts and percent-off discounts on orders that were purchased with gift cards.
I hope these tips help you have a very merry email Christmas.
About the Author
Chad White is the Director of Retail Insights and Editor-at-Large for the Direct Marketing Association’s Email Experience Council and the founder of the Retail Email Blog: http://www.retailemailblog.com
Tips When Planning A Happy Fathers Day On A Budget
Article by Mike Selvon
In today’s economy, families have to make every dollar count and sometimes that includes cutting back on gifts. However, wonderful gifts for Fathers Day don’t have to cost much. With a little thought and creativity, you can make dad’s day special without breaking your bank account. In this article, we’ll show you how to have a Happy Fathers Day on a budget.
Never underestimate how wonderful a homemade gift can be. It says that you care enough to give of yourself. To make this a Happy Fathers Day, give your special dad a stack of homemade coupons. He can redeem them for hugs, a car wash, getting his shirts ironed, taking out the trash or cleaning up the garage.
This really is a gift that keeps on giving because he can use them long after Father’s Day is over. Without spending money, you’ll let your dad know how much you care.
Everyone knows that the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach, so use your dad’s favorite goodies to make gifts for Fathers Day. If your dad is a pizza lover, buy the fixings for a few homemade pizzas, assemble them, and then pop them in the freezer so dad can have one whenever he likes.
Fathers Day gift baskets are always a great idea, so get a large basket from the dollar store and pack it with the ingredients for his favorite meal. For example, put in a bottle of tomato sauce, pasta, grated cheese, and some wonderful fresh bread. Top it off with some homemade cookies in an attractive keepsake tin.
Hobbies are a gold mine for great gift ideas. If your dad loves the outdoors, build him a summer survival kit. Pick up an inexpensive knapsack or duffle bag and fill it with items such as sunscreen, insect repellant, a nifty hat or a pair of shades from the dollar store, a first aid kit, and a refillable water bottle.
He’ll love this thoughtful Fathers Day present! If your dad loves spending long days fishing, get some new gear for his tackle box.
Hooks, lures, weights and bobbers are all inexpensive and every angler needs them. For the dad who loves golfing, you can get a great Fathers Day golf present online for under twenty-five dollars. A monogram kit will give dad a classy way to mark his golf balls, and you can order a kit at Overstock for less than twenty bucks.
A chipper net will allow your dad to practice his short game wherever he is. You can order one from Bass Pro Shops for about . Just make sure to order your gift in plenty of time for it to arrive in time for Father’s Day.
Having a Happy Fathers Day doesn’t mean being unhappy with your bank balance. Start shopping early and keep on eye out for bargains on your dad’s favorite things. Read flyers, keep an eye on online sales, and even consider going in together as a family on one big gift instead of several small gifts.
Reducing the cost doesn’t mean reducing the value of how much you care about dad. Just remember that your love and time are the only gifts your father needs.
About the Author
A whole world of information about having a happy fathers day eagerly awaits you from Mike Selvon portal. We appreciate your feedback at our fathers day date blog.
Saint Louis Foreclosed homes – What are the Benefits and Important tips for buying St Louis Foreclosures?
Saint Louis Foreclosed homes – What are the Benefits and Important tips for buying St Louis Foreclosures?
Article by Fiona Livnat
Whether you are prospective home buyer who is a young professional, raising a family or retired the city of St Louis offers a low cost of living, and an active lifestyle and very affordable housing through a large number of St Louis foreclosed homes which are available at great bargain prices.
Voted as one of the most sought after residential destinations by civic organizations, business advisory groups and national financial magazines buying St Louis foreclosed homes has a multitude of benefits:
* All America City Award – Recipient of the All America City Award by the National Civic League the city has a consistent record of top notch utilities and various developmental programs for its communities.
* Most Affordable City to Raise a Family – With its affordable housing options through St Louis foreclosed homes the Council for Community and Economic Research has ranked the city as the most affordable places to raise a family with the lowest cost of living, quality but inexpensive education, premium healthcare facilities and good neighborhood services.
* Appreciating real estate value – The city’s various amenities and quality lifestyle has made it a prime real estate area with business journals like Home Vestors ranking it as one of the best and most affordable U.S. real estate market for investing which makes buying a property through St Louis foreclosed homes a great investment opportunity.
* Youth friendly city – With its thriving economy, wide employment opportunities, vibrant lifestyle, various cultural and outdoor activities and overall great quality of life the city has been voted as one of the best places for young professionals as well as singles.
Choosing a reliable and regularly updated foreclosure listing is one of the best ways to find suitable properties.
You can look up information on foreclosures by clicking on the Missouri state map displayed on the various real estate websites and choosing St Louis foreclosed homes from the options.
Online listings provide you with specific information as you can choose a home according to your requirements such as the price range, location, number of rooms etc.
Comparing prices of various foreclosures is very helpful in finding bargain deals.
Apart from the internet one can also look up real estate agencies, classifieds and courthouses for the latest information on St Louis foreclosed homes.
SummaryBenefits of buying a property through St Louis foreclosed homes are its top notch utilities, most affordable city to raise a family, appreciating real estate value and the best residential destination for young professionals and singles due to its wide employment opportunities and vibrant lifestyle. Important tips for buying foreclosures include subscribing to online listings, comparing prices as well as looking up real estate agents, classifieds and courthouses for good bargain deals.
About the Author
Fiona Livnat is an author with expertise in real estate foreclosures. She has over ten years of experience in writing about foreclosures.Her commitment to help people is reflected in her writing. For more details please visit Saint Louis Foreclosed Homes.
Worldwide Phone Number – What Are the Strengths and Tips to Purchase?
Article by Christian Brennan
Saint Louis is one particular of the excellent metropolitan areas in Missouri State of U.S. Saint Louis Foreclosures Properties which are easily worldwide phone number offered at a low cost of 10 to 50% are a wonderful decide on if you are arranging to personal a home in U.S.Benefits of Saint Louis City&bull It is house to 40 of the fortune 1000 businesses. It is the fourth greatest in terms of number of fortune 500 organizations primarily based here so lot of exceptional job options right here and perfect to worldwide phone number purchase home via Saint Louis Foreclosures.&bull Its housing costs are significantly reduced (0,500) as compared to national average of 7,200 and Saint Louis Foreclosures will be a lot more less costly immediately after ten to fifty% low cost.&bull Community Progress Administration (CDA)-Promotes neighborhood expansion and stabilization.&bull It houses well-known libraries like Webster Groves Public Library, Merlin Network, Mobius Network and St. Louis County Library.&bull Forest Park – It is a major attraction in St. Louis and a lot more than 12 million people today pay a visit to this area just about every 12 months.&bull 2-1-1 support – To decrease 911 from non emergency calls this variety has been set up in St. Louis to help folks for General wellbeing and human expert services and they are then redirected to worried division.&bull This City is a globe class middle of Medication and bio-technological innovation with Barnes-Jewish Hospital which is the fifth greatest in the entire world.&bull It is worldwide phone number house to country’s second biggest yearly Mardi Gras Festival and Parade.&bull It is one particular of the first cities in region to be identified as LEED for properties platinum residence by United Says Green Developing Council due to its pollution management actions.You may possibly have resolved to acquire a foreclosed house because of to various strengths of this Town but you should know the tips to acquire Saint Louis foreclosures also. Some tips are:&bull Subscribe to complete and most up-to-date on-line Saint Louis Foreclosures listings.&bull Keep track on everyday basis of any qualities extra.&bull worldwide phone number Once small detailed right away get hold of the title operator of the property to have bodily inspection of the said property.&bull Inspect the premises thoroughly and calculate the expenditures on repairs essential.&bull You may take assist of home appraisers or cross verify from neighbors for selling prices of comparable qualities and place your supply.&bull worldwide phone number Once your provide is accepted take support of a attorney to test the paperwork and assure that there are no remarkable dues left right after your ultimate payment.
About the Author
So obtaining residence via Saint Louis foreclosures is beneficial and 1 should not skip the possibility. Worldwide Phone Number :
March Madness betting tips
Article by Tony George
Now the brigade of recreational sports bettors line up at the window and provide, and sometimes take away, line value from us “Sharps” as March Madness is in full swing. It is apparent to me that one has to sidestep a few landmines along the way, as LESS is MORE when it comes to betting March Madness, both in the NCAA and NIT tourneys that are underway on Tuesday Night. The is plenty of parity, especially in the NIT tourney this year in college basketball. I can say without question, or many arguments that there are 5 or 6 teams in the NIT that could be round 1 winners in the big dance, and a few possible sweet 16 teams in there as well. Always look at road records and home records in NIT game match-ups, since they are played on teams courts and do not go to a neutral site until the semi-final games in New York. The home team always has an advantage, and one might catch a short line or two that has value.
High seeds in the NIT sometimes have a let down spot, since they were rejects from the NCAA tourney committee. Cincinnati comes to mind in that category, as well as SW Missouri State (RPI of 21) and Creighton. These teams for example, have first round byes and will be laying a decent number at home in their first NIT game, and depending on the line, it may be worth looking at the underdog in those scenario’s. Maryland is just happy to be here, and they are a regional #1 seed, and Louisville, which also should provide a stiff test in their first game, so those big boys might be WORTH a look!
NCAA tourney trends are everywhere, I would not buy into all of them, look at the right here, right now. Who came limping in the tourney, and who came in hot and on a roll, I look to Kansas for example, 15-1 their last 16 and they won the Big 12 Tourney over Texas, who pounded them by 25 earlier this year? That is the question that makes the money. How about shooting percentage in away games on the year? I cannot stress enough free throw percentage, many games outcomes depend on it.
I have heard so much about #5 seeds versus #12 seeds. In the last 5 years #12 seeds are 10-9-1 ATS, hardly a money maker even against the number, but are always competitive. The BEST ATS scenario in round 1 has been #7 seeds versus # 10 seeds in the past 5 years at 13-7 ATS. California vs. NC State is in this scenario this season, Marquette vs. Alabama as well, and I could see both those #7 seeds making the hay in round 1. And last, but not least, #15 seeds have covered 65% ATS overall the past 5 years, and always a huge underdog. This fact lies within the coach of a #2 seeded team resting players after the game is decided early on, and backdoor covers are apparent in the right scenario. Check the two highest point getters and do your homework and find the best value in that scenario.
All in all, it should be a great tourney season, and there will be a Cinderella team or two both in the NCAA and NIT tourneys, and there will be a monster upset or two in round 1. Pick and choose your teams wisely, use sound money management and do not get caught up in all the hype or what Billy Packer or Digger Phelps says, and do your homework and look for real value and tangible items to handicap in March Madness, because that is what the pro’s do, I assure you.
About the Author
Tony George is a documented member of the Professional Handicappers League. Read all of his articles at www.procappers.com/Tony_George.htm